Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
The contents of this video are the sole property of Scaffolding Manufacturers (Trinidad) Limited. The video and its contents may not be modified or redistributed in any way without written consent.
Scaffolding Manufacturers (Trinidad) Limited (SMTL) brings to you forty (40) years of experience and expertise in the Scaffolding Industry. Our company provides access and support scaffolding services as well as manufacture, rent and sell scaffolding to the Petro — Chemical Industry, Oilfield Refineries, Construction Industry, Offshore Platforms and in the General Maintenance Industry. We are fully committed to the provision of a safe and healthy work environment for all its employees and others who may work, visit or enter our clients' facilities on our company's behalf. Therefore, it is our intention to develop and maintain a Health, Safety and Environmental programme which is in line with legal requirements and the best business practices that governs our industry. SMTL strives for continuous improvement in our environmental, health and safety performance. In furtherance of this policy, the company shall:
- Identify potential hazards that may arise through the activities of SMTL, to assess the risk arising from these and to institute effective control measures to eliminate or minimize the risk.
- Implement appropriate measures to prevent accidents, injury and health impairment of all persons affected by the activities of SMTL and promote a culture of safety consciousness.
- Provide the necessary resources for the implementation and management of its health, safety and environmental system.
- Comply fully with all relevant statutory and contractual Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are communicated, understood and implemented where third party arrangements exist.
- Provide relevant information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure competence of all Employees.
- Integrate health and safety responsibilities into everyday working practices and managerial responsibilities and to continually review, improve and update the policy so that all important and relevant legislation, codes of practice and guidance are taken into account, where appropriate.
- Monitor, inspect and conduct safety audit to ensure effective management of health and safety throughout SMTL operations.
- Provide safe working conditions and equipment to minimize or eliminate incidents.
- Consult with Employees on HSE management and performance.
- Ensure safe handling and transportation of harmful substances and equipment.
- Capture and share lesson learnt on all area of the business.
- Empower all employees, visitors, sub contractors and other stakeholders to STOP and or refuse all unsafe work.